Synchronet Node Status
The node status can be displayed through various methods:
Usually each node is displayed on its own line of the form:
Node n: username action connection (flags) [sysflags]
- n = node number
- username = user's name
- action = what the user is currently doing
- connection = how the user is connected (bps rate if remote)
- flags = letters representing special modes of the node
- sysflags = modes that are sysop settable/viewable only
|A||Activity Alert Disabled: User of this node will not be notified of other users logging on or off other nodes.|
|L||Node is locked for sysop use: Node is temporarily reserved for sysop use only.|
|M||Message waiting for node: An unreceived short message (telegram) is waiting for this node.|
|N||Node-Message waiting for node: An unreceived node-to-node message is waiting for this node.|
|P||Page disabled: User of this node does not wish to allow users of other nodes to page him for chat or send him node-to-node messages.|
|A||Anonymous: User on this node is in anonymous mode.|
|C||Local Chat: This node is being summoned (pullled-into) local sysop chat.|
|D||Down: This node will be shutdown as soon as possible.|
|E||Event: This node will run it's daily event (if one is specified) before waiting for another call.|
|F||Forced Chat: This node is being summoned (pulled-into) private node-to-node chat.|
|I||Node will be interrupted: Node connection will be terminated as soon as possible.|
|Q||Quiet: User on this node is in quiet mode (can't be seen by other nodes/users).|
|R||Rerun: This node will Rerun when user logs off.|
|U||User data update: This user's data has been modified by another node and needs to be read from disk.|
If the node is not in use, the possible status are:
- Offline: Node is not currently running Synchronet
- Waiting for Call: Node is waiting for a call.
- Logging on: User is logging on.
- Logging out: User is logging out.
- Networking: Node is currently executing network functions.
- New User: A user is registering as new user.
- Waiting for all nodes to become inactive.
- Running external event.
- Waiting for node # to finish external event.